Tuesday, March 21, 2006

CJM, Dehra Dun



Thrilled to find my school picture on www.schoolnetindia.com. This picture is just how I remember my school. The block on the left is senior school and the one across the playground (which I realised was huge only after I saw schools in Mumbai) is junior school. The block seen in the first picture (top) was on the right side of the playground. The three science labs and the principal's office are located in this block.
If there was a close-up shot of the junior school block I could've pointed the bench where Ms Gatmell used to sit. The two pictures, however, are less than one half of the school campus. On the other side of the junior school block was the kindergarten section, the dormitory for nuns and a huge church where we were taken on important days.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You surely took me down the memory lane.cjm is an intrinsic part of my life as well.i recalled Ms gatmell after ages n it left me quite nostalgic.can never forget those pretty green eyes that alwayz smiled wenever we ran up to her as kids ...............wish could get back to those good old dayz again!

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I went to school in CJM too. Graduated ICSE 1975. May I ask you when you were there.

SS
mahaalazy@yahoo.com

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mini Virmani said...

Have spent twelve years of my life in this campus...CJM Dehradun...a place that made me capable of doing all that I otherwise couldnt have even dreamt of...a place to which I owe my life, my dreams, my everything...miss you CJM...indebt to you forever and ever...Will come back someday to contribute all I could...Love you lots...:-)

2:53 AM  
Blogger aquaazure said...

I still remember the smell of the ground every time it rained....
i still miss being late and standing aside ashamed...
i still miss giggling behind a teacher's back...
i still miss visiting the infirmary every time i wanted to bunk a class...
i miss the ground and the sports day's
also the carnivals and the open fetes...
i miss the red brick walls and the friendly walks...
i miss the canteen
I miss just everything....
All my life i never thought i'd miss school sooo much.... but i do!!!

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was great to See CJM again.....good to see that the building looks pretty much the same...so may memories,so manny happy days....rachita,monica,divya shikha,sarika,nidhi,sampada.....and so many.....can't forget sister Prudence.....unfortunately those days can't come back...only the memories....beautiful ,pristine and unchanging in this world of change,ranjana

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice school just love it so much...........PROUD TO BE A CJMite....

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Mortgage Rates