Friday, May 19, 2006

Sarkar

Routine Responses when you call up ANY government department or try to get through any sarkari babu.

Me: Can I speak with XYZ?
Govt dept (GD): Who is calling?
Me: ABC from DEF publication
GD: Saar is `in’ lunch
Me: What time should I call then?
GD: After 3.30 pm?
Me: But, lunch time is till 2 pm. I will call at 2 pm
Phone line disconnected

Huh!!

So try to get through the next in command

Me: Can I speak with….
GD: Who is calling
Me: ABC…
GD: Madam is in meeting
Me: Give me her mobile number
GD: we don’t have it
Me: put me onto any other official. I need very basic information
GD: Nobody has information. Only madam will speak.

Yeah.. sure.


The best responses collected over the years
Sir is taking nap madam. (I was told at 3 pm!)
Sir has gone home, madam. He cannot be disturbed (I was told at 4 pm)
Fax us your question. Sir will get back to you in a week’s time (have they heard of newspapers?)
I told sir that you want to speak to him but he is in a meeting and will be free only tomorrow now. (I was told after being put on hold for 5 mins)
You tell me the question. I will then decide whether saar will speak (a smart secy once told me)

MY FAV:
After having rattled a long question to a senior minister on his mobile.. he said: ``I will answer, ma… but I am taking my bath.’’
Why did he carry his cell phone to the bathroom beats me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Mortgage Rates